Monday, December 15, 2008

December Daily: 15th

I kicked off the afternoon with this little treat (just one of them) courtesy of my Dad. Thanks Dad! During a large portion of my childhood, Dad was an avid C*ca Cola collector... A member of an official club and everything. He specialized in large cardboard advertisements from the 1940's - they were really pieces of art! In elementary school he brought home the cutest bright red old fashioned C*ke machine ever. That summer my friends and I drank C*kes in glass bottles for a nickle a piece and Dad even supplied the nickles. In high school we joked that our living room was a C*ke museum. He has since sold most of his collection. And I am not a big soft drink person, but I do have a soft spot for C*kes. Thanks for the treat Dad - it brought back some great memories!
So, in between keeping the little guy occupied...


And keeping the little girl happy and not hanging from my body (I was not successful in this photo)...


I put my sugar rush to good use and worked on a little project I had been trying to get done for months. I got these ornaments on clearance last year for 49 cents a box, along with Christmas wrapping paper, bows, tags, etc. I love that I already have this year's paper and trimmings - it's just one less thing to do in this busy season!


And here is the mostly finished product. You can't see from this angle, but the wreath needs another layer of ornaments on the outside to cover the wreath form next to the wall. I was really happy with it until I heard a crash and glass breaking. One of the ornaments fell off and broke into a million pieces! I plan to re-hot glue the whole thing to reinforce it. Can't have broken glass of the floor with the babies!
.
This was a fun project day. I also got more general decorating done too. Now the kids are in bed and my Sweetie and I are sitting on the couch about to watch, or at least start watching, Prince Caspian. Have a good night!




No comments: