Thursday, June 17, 2010

There's No Place Like Home


It's true. There's no place like home, and we're so glad to be here! This was our first full day back and we just tried to relax and get a few things together like N's med schedule. He had such a good day today! But it didn't start out that way. It took an hour and a half for his first bottle this morning and I ended up giving most of it to him through a large syringe!!! Ahhh!!! Later it occurred to me that maybe he wasn't used to his old bottles anymore and would prefer the ones he had been using at the hospital. Bingo. The rest of the day was great! Now I've got to find more of those bottles tomorrow! :)
.
My Mom is staying with us for a couple of days while we try to get it together. (Like that has ever happened before!) She insisted I take a nap today. !!! So great! I never realized how good I sleep in my own bed. I was so tired last night and this afternoon that I literally don't remember anything after my head hit the pillow - and that never happens!
.
As always, thank you so much for praying, and calling, and texting, and visiting, and emailing, and your sweet comments on here. You have no idea how much it has meant to us. Thank you. We thank God for our sweet Nathan everyday and we're so happy that he's home and healing. He is so precious. (Hannah and Graham too of course! More on the big sweeties later.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Praise God that he is home and doing well. I will continue to pray for ya'll. What a testimony you all have!