
Here is a great recipe that has recently been added into our dinner rotation - chicken divan. It's sooo yummy!
Chicken Divan
What you need:
6 chicken breasts (I used 4-5 frozen boneless skinless)
2 boxes frozen broccoli (I used one big bag of frozen broccoli florets)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
1 tsp. curry powder (I used 1.5 tsp - we love curry)
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp. worchestershire sauce (I used 2 tbsp. - we like it)
1 cup shredded cheese (optional - I've never put cheese in it because Hannah is allergic to it)
1 cup white bread crumbs (I used four slices of wheat bread)
What you do:
Simmer chicken until tender. Remove from bone and cut into bite size pieces. Cook broccoli until just tender, drain and arrange on bottom of large size casserole dish (I used 9 X 13"). Combine soup, mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice and worchestershire sauce. Cover broccoli with cut up chicken, spread sauce over all. Top with bread crumbs (soft bread torn into bite size crumbs). Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.
Cheese can be sprinkled over chicken, prior to the sauce.
For 4 to 6 servings, half the recipe.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment