(the gingerbread neighborhood is really going down hill)
A sleepy baby
on antibiotics for an ear infection
on the mend
Aaahhh...
A sleepy babyon antibiotics for an ear infection
on the mend
Aaahhh...It's another pj kind of day for us here at the house of Christmas Contagions. Really, it's not that bad, just recuperating from our Christmas cold. Max got sick too, but he rebounds so fast it makes me jealous! Today we're all coughing less and feel like eating more - a good sign.
.
Yesterday I took Nathan to the doctor since we were coming up on a long holiday weekend and I wondered if he was getting an ear infection. He had been feeling much better, then started acting like he felt bad again. People with Down Syndrome are more prone to get ear infections, so I thought we would play it safe and take him in. I'm glad I did! An infection was just starting in one ear, so now he's on antibiotics and something for his cough.
.
I made three trips to Walgreens yesterday... Once to drop off N's prescriptions, once to pick up his prescriptions, then the last trip to return the wrong medicine and pick up the right one. !!! It pays to read the material they give you about your prescriptions. I knew that N was supposed to get an antibiotic and something for his cough. When I got home and looked at the meds more closely I realized that we had an antibiotic and an anti fungal - used to treat ring worm. I quickly googled to make sure that this particular anti fungal wasn't used for coughs (you never know), then called the pharmacy. I figured that the doctor's handwriting was just so terrible that they couldn't tell what he had written, and that was the case. They said, "it starts with a G, has some scribble, a U, and more scribble". Scary! I don't know if the anti fungal would have hurt him, but it definitely wouldn't have helped him!
.
Anyway, today we're doing better. We canceled our Christmas get-together with friends just to be safe. No one wants the gift of coughing. That's sad, but we'll have a nice low-key night. I may or may not cook, the kids will open presents, then off to bed early! And really, even though we're sick, we're all together. :)
.

No comments:
Post a Comment