Saturday, December 11, 2010

December Daily: House Helper

I always said I wanted a house fairy...

Nathan is on a program that offers attendant care for medically dependent children. This means that someone can come to my house and help me with his daily care plus house-keeping tasks. I can not describe how very helpful this is for me. Just keeping up with N's needs and doing a little bit of housework literally takes the whole day. That doesn't include caring for my other two little ones, cooking, etc.
Anyway, I interviewed a few people that the agency sent over, but didn't feel like I had met the right person yet. Then Jayne came back from Japan. One morning at church she told me that she was looking for a part-time job so that she could have time to come over and help out with the kids. Really??? You see where this is going. Jayne (my friend & sister-in-law) is our new attendant!!! So great!!!
And the picture above? This is how she looks most of the time when she's with him. I think they like each other. :)

1 comment:

One of the Callarmans said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you all are having a great day! I am so glad Jayne is able to be your house helper! and Nathan is so beautiful and so is his sweet sister and big brother.