Monday, October 25, 2010

Nathan Update & 1st Birthday!

Sweet Sleepy Boy
I was changing him into his pj's & had to take some pictures

Such a Sweetie!
.
I haven't gotten many smiley photos lately...
When he smiles at me I'm just enjoying it instead of running for the camera.
.
He is doing really well overall. He started OT (occupational therapy) and PT (physical therapy) a couple of weeks ago through our local ECI (early childhood intervention) program and I'm loving the "moving forward" again. While we were in Alabama Nathan decided that he was interested in baby food after all. One day he just started opening his mouth for me when he saw the spoon of applesauce that I had been putting his medicine in. Before this time when he saw the spoon he would clamp his mouth shut and turn his head as far away as possible to get away from it. It is so much easier to feed a baby who wants to eat! His OT has had some really good suggestions and ideas about how to help him eat better from a spoon as well as improving his bottle skills. His PT is a really great lady too - she has been really helpful with suggestions for little changes in the way I do things with him throughout the day that will help Nathan gain strength, balance, etc., instead of just doing therapy for a certain amount of time every day. I love it!
He turned one year old over the weekend!
We had a party with lots of family and friends - it was really great. :)
Lots of people really love this little boy!


The cousins stayed to play, have pizza for dinner & then the customary dance party before pj's and loading up the car to go home. They were so funny dancing around. They each have their own cool moves - quite hilarious! What a great day!

1 comment:

Leigh Ishee said...

What a sweet little face! Happy late birthday Nathan! We are so glad you are here!