Me and Mom
Yes, believe it of not, I am still here. It's been a busy and stressful summer in various ways, plus computer trouble, etc. and blogging has gone by the wayside. I'll try to keep up, but no promises. :) In the meantime, while not doing anything on the computer, I've been playing with filters on my camera phone. Fun stuff. The photos on this post are examples of some of my favorite filters at the moment.
In Nathan News, our little man has figured out how to sit up all by himself! He has worked hard at it all summer, and now can sit up like a pro anytime he wants to. I'm so proud of him! He seems a lot happier too. Now he's trying to figure out how to stand up - it will be a while before he can do that - but he's thinking about it.
Just a few weeks ago he got a gait trainer, which I will just call a walker. It's great! It holds him stable so he can stand and learn to walk around. I'll put a picture up soon - it's a lot easier to understand it if you see it rather than me trying to explain. :)
He is still having seizures, and is on a significantly increased dose of his usual medication, plus a couple of add-ons. But, it's working for now, so we're relatively happy with it. (As happy as you can be with your child being on seizure medication, right?) We've seen a huge decrease in big tonic seizures - the ones that look really scary, which is good. He has a lot better eye contact, attention span, and is progressing developmentally. He has started fussing at us when he wants attention, and reaching for our faces when we get close - this is a BIG DEAL! His communication skills have taken a huge leap this summer. It's so nice to have some idea of what he wants.
Okay, off to bed! Hopefully more later. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment