Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Month in Review

Well, since it's been over a month since I've posted anything, I thought I would just give you a taste of the past month in list form. I love lists. They're so pretty, and organized, and well, listy.



1. We closed on our house a week later than we anticipated

2. We moved (quickly)

3. I overdid it on the moving and paid for it for about a week

4. Our new house has stairs = built in exercise plan

5. It's really hot in August in Texas - I don't like hot

6. Our garage is still packed with boxes

7. I love having a garage

8. I love our new house

9. We all love the new house - it's great having so much more space!

10. I've only met one set of neighbors so far, but hopefully more after it starts to cool off and humans can stand being outside again

11. We've been doing pre-wedding activities for 2 of our great friends... Shopping, planning, showering with gifts, looking through old photos for a slide-show, trying to find the rest of the photos which are in boxes in the garage, picking up my brides' maid dress, needing to get the dress altered, finding something cute for the kids to wear

12. I need a hair cut really badly, but not sure which way I want to go with it

13. I've been wondering why compression socks don't come in flesh tones

14. I have a love/hate relationship with my compression socks (actually sock - I just need one for my right leg when I'm pregnant). They help me feel so much better, but they look so dorky. So I end up wearing pants when I'm out in public. Not so good in August in Texas...

15. I keep forgetting to do a change of address for our magazines

16. I keep forgetting a lot of things

17. Some days I can't remember the right words or names for things, and end up speechless or trying to describe the thing I've lost the name for... Kind of like playing Taboo, but not so fun

18. I miss my old gas stove, but love my new kitchen

19. Hannah is still taking ballet and loves it

20. Graham doesn't understand why Hannah cries when he hits her with toys

21. G loves to eat and starts on my meal as soon as he finishes his own

22. G is learning lots of new words & understands SO MUCH of what we say

23. H is into telling "jokes" that she makes up herself

24. H is really into glitter glue too

25. H talks constantly

26. G likes to roar and wrestle

27. New Baby is doing well and moving around a lot

28. New Baby still needs a name

29. Maybe Thomas or Nathan - what do you think?

30. G and I love multi-grain Cheeri*s

31. I didn't go to my 20 year high school reunion, but enjoyed looking at everyone's faceb**k photos

32. We may not be fully unpacked until next year, seriously

33. We have had plans for every weekend in August - looking forward to a break soon

34. I love school supply season (it just shouldn't be so hot) - nothing like a fresh pack of cr*yons

35. A few nights ago, Max came home with a beautiful bouquet of multi-colored roses for me - sunset colors - my new favorite

36. Max has become super homeowner man is is highly concerned about keeping everything looking nice :)

37. Max has been working really hard with work during the day (and night) and doing all the lifting and unpacking that I'm not supposed to be doing

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope you are are having a good month!

No comments: