Friday, January 2, 2009

Who's that little man?

We were walking through the mall a week or so before Christmas. I had Graham in the stroller and Hannah was helping me push him around. I had wondered what she would think of Santa Claus... She knows he's not real, but neither are a lot of the other things she likes (Clifford, Berenstain Bears, etc.) As we rounded the corner of the "little house" he was posing in, she asked me who this little man was? So we had a conversation about Santa over some cinnamon sticks, and watched him talk to little children for a while. Then we went on with our shopping, etc.

But for the next couple of days she kept coming back to Santa... Wanting to talk to him, see his little house, eat more cinnamon sticks. :) So Sunday after church the whole family went to the mall to finish up stocking stuffers and to see Santa Claus. I never thought I would have a child who would willingly sit with the man in red, but Hannah was so excited! I asked her what she would say to him and she wanted to tell him Happy Birthday. This is what she likes to tell everyone - likes to make everyone feel special, you know. :) So, she walked right up to him, sat with him and even posed for a picture. What a sweetie. I think for her it was like seeing a cartoon character in real life. She was a happy girl.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: