Quick Update...
We've just been hanging around the house for the past several days. After a great "Mommy Time" with friends from church and a really fun Superbowl party, Hannah woke up in the wee hours of Monday morning with a stomach virus. Pops came to play with Graham all day so I could take care of her. (Thanks again Pops! Graham is really missing you now!) Thankfully it has been a fast recovery.
Last night our refrigerator started making strange noises and strange smells. Yes, smells. Kind of a burned popcorn aroma. Max was on his way home from work and planning to go to church (without us since Hannah had been sick), so I sent over several bags full of frozen food to put in the guys' extra freezer. You know, just in case ours went out like it seemed to be doing. I had planned to unplug the whole thing before I went to bed in an attempt to be responsible and not burn the house down, but the strange noises and smell stopped by the time I went to bed. Quandary... Unplug it and lose all the food - or - leave it plugged in and let it stop working on it's own - or - (worst case scenario) leave it on and risk a fire. I decided on the middle ground. So, instead of unplugging the poor thing I moved a smoke detector right next to the fridge, we prayed about it and for it (Max was home by this time), and went to bed. [A little side note: Yes, I have a history of praying for appliances. :) God is faithful in all things, even the things that seem small or silly. I'm His kid and He always helps me.] As of this morning the fridge is still trucking along. We're hopefully getting a new one tomorrow anyway since this one is very old and is apparently communicating that it is on it's way out.
And finally, no pictures today since I can't find the cable/cord thingie that connects the camera to the computer. I know it's around here somewhere...
I hope things are less eventful at your house! :)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh... the stomach virus... no fun at all. Hope you all are better... ~ kim
Post a Comment